Thursday, June 18, 2009

Letter of complaint to the City of London Police Professional Standards Directorate

This afternoon Declan again wrote to City of London Police Commissioner Michael Bowron, this time complaining about the behaviour of two of his police officers, having been further issued this morning with false records in relation to their encounter with Declan and me the night before last where we sleep, Salters' Hall (see previous blog; for two Google map photos of the sleeping pitch, see blog of 5 June “Salters back in the spotlight”). He also copied this email to the City of London Police Professional Standards Directorate, one step off the Independent Police Complaints Commission:

Subject: CAD 10903 (16/06/09)

Dear Commissioner Bowron,

Thank you for your email of even date signed by Darren Pulman, Staff Officer to the Commissioner, acknowledging receipt of my email of 17 June regarding stop at Salters' Hall (CAD 10903 of 16/06/09). I wish to make a complaint against the officers' behaviour: this morning at Bishopsgate police station I was further issued with false records in relation to said stop.

As you are aware, my wife and I are of no fixed abode and have been sleeping rough in the City of London since 3 November 2006. (We slept in the same porch until a trellis gate was installed on 4 September 2008, and as from 12 September our sleeping pitch has been located at Salters' Hall, Fore Street.)

I reconfirm that at 10.00pm on the night of 16 June two City of London police officers from Bishopsgate police station, PC 208CP and PC 671CP, were summoned to our sleeping pitch at Salters' Hall by two security guards from the company Guarding UK who were patrolling (a derelict) St. Alphage Highwalk. PC 208CP informed my wife that he was not in need of a court order and that she had to vacate the porch, and highwalk, immediately. My wife refused as a result of having nowhere else to sleep, the upshot being that the two police officers and two security guards left, PC 208CP informing me on leaving that if I wanted our copies of the record of the stop to which we were entitled I should call into the police station in the morning to collect them.

On both my wife's 386 and my 386, PC 208CP writes that this stop occurred on "St. Alphage Highwalk"; as I brought to his attention at the time of the stop, in the porch and over my wife's head there was a notice which reads: “CCTV Surveillance. Salters’ Hall. Images are being monitored and recorded for the purposes of crime prevention and public safety. The scheme is controlled by the Salters’ Company.” PC 208CP also writes on both 386s that the outcome of this stop was that "persons moved on"; neither my wife nor I moved on: we slept at Salters' Hall on the night of 16 June, last night, and will do so again tonight as a result of having nowhere else to sleep.

I beg to again point out that Salters’ Company describes itself as a Great City Livery Company very largely devoted to charity; it also plays an important part in the system of local government in the City of London, reflecting its historical roots. The company not only fund raises for science education (my petition to the United Nations on research cloning of embryos and stem cells has now been signed by 591 scientists and academics, who include recognised authorities from the world’s leading universities and research institutes, as well as 24 Nobel laureates, and this despite several months of serious spamming), but runs a project for the homeless.

I attach a copy of aforementioned email to you 17 June (and attachments) for the reference of the City of London Police Professional Standards Directorate. In the event of error in transmission, please note that the order of attachments is as follows:

bowron(17.6.09).htm
cussen(13.6.09).htm
cussen(12.9.08).htm
cussen(10.6.08).htm
broadway(15.6.09).htm

Please would you acknowledge receipt.

Yours sincerely
Declan Heavey

cc City of London Police Professional Standards Directorate