Wednesday, December 18, 2013

What a time to be fenced out of our sleeping pitch

It's no secret my shoes have holes - and in fact it may explain why the night before last a security guard ordered us out into the torrential rain while we were under cover in the make-shift shelter around the corner from where we sleep at night. Not only does rain destroy my socks, but now my right foot is inflating and walking is a bit difficult. Unfortunately we are waiting to be fenced out of our sleeping pitch, and given our experience of the police's modus operandi to time everything to the maximum affect, it wouldn't surprise me if we have past our sell-by date: just when I have difficulty walking! Our benefits have also been suspended for over two months and so spending money on new shoes is a no-go.

(Click to enlarge):

We are among the minority of rough sleepers that attend the Manna Day Centre. Nonetheless, I have just been told by a member of staff that there are no more tickets for Christmas dinner on Friday. Great! Declan has just written to its director, Bandi Mbubi, to determine if this means no wash, no tea and no breakfast too:
(Click to enlarge):