Tuesday, September 27, 2016

13th Facebook block since 1 December 2015: Our Facebook page has been dismantled for the administrator in an unprecedented attack (WITH UPDATES)

We are calling this Facebook's 13th block since 1 December 2015. Since this morning, our Network for Church Monitoring (N4CM) Facebook page has been dismantled for the administrator (myself), and any link I post to my personal Facebook wall, groups or pages is not recognized. They did not respond to any of my previous twelve appeals, so I don't expect a response from them now. The question is have I been effectively removed from Facebook without any cause, reason, notification or right of appeal.

27 September 2016

Dear Facebook,

Since this morning, without any cause, reason, notification or right of appeal, our Network for Church Monitoring (N4CM) Facebook page has been dismantled for the administrator (see screenshot 1 N4CM page); and any link I post to my personal Facebook wall, groups or pages is not recognized (see screenshot 2 wall, 3 group, and 4 page).

I have also made a video of the dismantled N4CM page for the administrator (myself). It can be viewed at http://tinypic.com/m/jj8h0w/1

Please could you address these problems at your earliest convenience.

Yours faithfully,

Lola Heavey
Webmaster
Network for Church Monitoring

"Let me recommend an important web site - churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out." - Edd Doerr, President, Americans for Religious Liberty

Screenshot 1 N4CM page



Screenshot 2 wall



Screenshot 3 group



Screenshot 4 page



These then are the 13 Facebook blocks we have experienced since 1 December 2015:

1st 1-4 December 2015
2nd 5-7 December 2015
3rd 6-9 January 2016
4th 12-15 January 2016
5th 20-22 January 2016
6th 13-16 February 2016
7th 23-26 March 2016
8th 20-23 May 2016
9th 25-30 May 2016
10th 1-3 July 2016
11th 7-8 September 2016
12th 21-22 September 2016
13th 27-28 September 2016

UPDATE 1 28 September (12.02am): Our N4CM page continues to be dismantled for the administrator (myself), although I can now share to the page via other pages or directly from our website; links I post to my personal Facebook wall, groups or pages are now being recognized. We are calling this an ongoing "administrator's block". Still no response from Facebook to my complaint above.

UPDATE 2 28 September (4.07am): The administrator's block has been lifted but our publishing tools have been dismantled (including the record of our scheduled posts for later today). We are calling this a "publishing tools block" which may take our 13th Facebook block into a third day tomorrow. Later this morning I am waking up to work on a full-blown paragraph on Facebook for Declan's next updated complaint to the United Nations. I will be posting the paragraph to all future Facebook blog posts.



To the best of our knowledge, not even Shadow Communities Minister Lyn Brown received a reply from Facebook UK Managing Director Steve Hatch last December.


Facebook UK Managing Director Steve Hatch



'Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out.' - Edd Doerr, President, Americans for Religious Liberty