Saturday, August 26, 2017

Is this letter from Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs so outrageous that it has now put this entire N4CM blog at risk? (WITH DOUBLE UPDATE 30/8/2017)

Re: Internet cuts since 26 May 2017

From my previous blog post's Update 21 August (8.03pm):

"And it's not just Facebook blocks, blocks on public access to our Church and State website and the daily targeting to fluctuating degrees of category pages throughout the site that Declan and I are dealing with these days. We have also been dealing with Internet cuts since 26 May. See my blog post of 21 June, Internet cuts: We pay £65 per month for BT Infinity but feel we are in a race against time to stay online (WITH UPDATE 21/8/2017 RE: 131st Internet cut since 26 May 2017)."

30 August (8.35am): 149 internet cuts since 26 May 2017.* We had to suspend work on our Church and State website on 15 June after 4 internet cuts in one night. With an all-time record breaking 7 cuts in one day by 4pm yesterday afternoon; 56 blocks last month; 58 blocks this month; 8 blocks last week; 10 blocks this week; none since midnight today (as of 30 August at 8.35am).

1. 140th 28 August 2017, 11.38am
2. 141st 28 August 2017, 3.46pm
3. 142nd 28 August 2017, 7.55pm
-----------------------------------------
4. 143rd 29 August 2017, 8.42am
5. 144th 29 August 2017, 9.54am
6. 145th 29 August 2017, 10.52am
7. 146th 29 August 2017, 11.38am
8. 147th 29 August 2017, 12.02pm
9. 148th 29 August 2017, 12.47pm
10. 149th 29 August 2017, 3.10pm

* 12 out of the first 18 internet cuts were within the first four days of a BT engineer's visit on 12 June. It is a matter of written record that this engineer "securely fitted a brand new master socket to another location on the same wall. He also carried out a comprehensive line test and could not find a problem with [our] line".

The War on Free Expression




HMRC Customer Service Manager for PAYE and Self Assessment: "We previously asked you to complete Self Assessment tax returns because you told us that you would receive self-employed income. However, your 2015-16 return only included income of £2,967 from Network for Church Monitoring and as you had told us that this was PAYE income, we have closed your Self Assessment record" [emphasis added].

It is our single indisputable narrative going forward that Declan and I are being harassed even by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC). This morning I received a letter from HMRC Pay As You Earn (PAYE) and Self Assessment dated 21 August that was no more than a second version of a letter dated 4 August that I received from them on 12 August. I complained later on 12 August to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) about serious misconduct by HMRC staff involving criminal or near criminal behaviour. I not only complained about HMRC PAYE & SA updating my address on 11 July without my permission, but also their subsequent closure of my SA account based upon fabricated hearsay evidence which no independent judiciary would accept. If HMRC Internal Governance and Civil Investigations do not write to me, or write to me to say my complaint has not been recorded, I have a right of appeal to the IPCC against the non-recording of my complaint. I still cannot publish HMRC's letter of 4 August because since I received it on 12 August, I haven't been able to upload images or videos to TinyPic. This now raises the question of how secure images and videos throughout this entire blog can be. The following is the text of this now-infamous HMRC letter of 4 August:

4 August 2017

Dear Mrs Heavey

Thank you for your telephone call of 3 August 2017.

I am sorry we closed your Self Assessment account and for the concern, we have caused you and Mr Heavey.

I spoke with Mr Heavey on 3 August 2017. I confirmed we have reopened your SA account and updated our records to show that you are not Self Employed.

We will not to (sic) update your address unless we receive written confirmation from you.

If you tell other government departments about a change to your address, our systems will automatically update your records.

If you have any further enquiries regarding the above, please write to at (sic) the above address or call me on 03000 513264. I will be happy to help.

Yours sincerely

Mr D Buchanan
Customer Service Adviser

Complaint about serious staff misconduct involving criminal or near criminal behaviour overseen by the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

12 August 2017

This morning I received the attached letter dated 4 August 2017 from HMRC PAYE & Self Assessment. Please treat this complaint as a complaint about serious misconduct by HMRC staff involving criminal or near criminal behaviour.

I wish to complain about the updating of my address by HMRC PAYE & SA on 11 July 2017, which was done without my authority. By email dated 9 July 2017, I specifically informed HMRC PAYE & SA that my address had not changed and that such an update may result in the suspension of my husband's Housing Benefit. Nonetheless, HMRC PAYE & SA updated my address against my expressed wishes and with no regard for the detrimental effect this may have on myself and my husband.

I also wish to complain about the then subsequent closure of my Self Assessment account by HMRC PAYE & SA on the grounds that I told them I was self-employed. I have never told HMRC that I am self-employed. The closure of my SA account could only, therefore, have been based on fabricated hearsay evidence which no independent judiciary would accept. HMRC PAYE & SA have reopened my SA account and updated their records to show that I am not self-employed, but they have not provided any evidence to support the closure of my SA account in the first instance.

I am looking for HMRC Professional Standards to uphold this complaint about serious misconduct by HMRC staff involving criminal or near criminal behaviour.

We are well familiar with the IPCC. For example, Declan complained to the IPCC about the police investigation into the removal of our flat door in 2012. It was the IPCC's finding on that occasion that since our then landlady had subsequently signed an undertaking to the County Court promising not to harass us, there was no requirement for the Metropolitan Police Service to take further action.
Re: Removal of our flat door

Paragraph 23(ii) of Declan's updated complaint to the United Nations under Article 19 (freedom of expression) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

23(ii) On 21 August 2012, Ms McKenzie signed an undertaking to the County Court promising not to harass the Applicant and his wife following her builder's removal of the door to their flat (see Annex 9, p. 31). The Independent Police Complaints Commission later upheld the Applicant's appeal against the police investigation of the incident "on information only", stating that "no further action is required by the force in this instance".



UPDATE 30 August (8.37am): HMRC Internal Governance and Civil Investigations have not responded to my complaint, which the IPCC say they forwarded to them on 12 August (i.e. 13 working days ago). I also still cannot publish HMRC's letter of 4 August that I received on 12 August; this constitutes an unprecedented 19-day block from TinyPic to date. And I have not received a response from TinyPic to this report of mine on 12 August:

12 August 2017

Dear TinyPic,

I cannot upload any images to the TinyPic website on any of four laptops. I run Windows 7 and 10.

When I try to upload an image all I get is "This image or video has been moved or deleted". Please see the attached screenshot.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Regards,
Lola Heavey

UPDATE 30 August (9.18am): TinyPic's 19-day block has been lifted! They have lifted this unprecedented block without responding to my report above. I have just published the now-infamous HMRC letter of 4 August; see my newer blog post this morning, TinyPic's unprecedented 19-day block has been lifted. At last I can publish the now-infamous letter of 4 August 2017 from HM Revenue and Customs.



From My Picks:

9 June: Ministry of Justice: Complaint to the Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice against the County Court at Central London, Royal Courts of Justice (WITH UPDATE - Day 13 21/6/2017)

'Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out.' Edd Doerr, President, Americans for Religious Liberty