Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I am prevented from sharing new articles on Facebook

Click to enlarge

In the last three weeks our website has had 28,841 absolute unique visitors, but it raises the question: how many unique visitors would we have had given half a shot? The Department for Work and Pensions are all out on the termination of our benefits (see the previous blog Mr Justice Mitting rules that Declan's claim is not "Totally without Merit"); our live-in landlady has given us backdated notice to vacate our flat by the end of January; our local housing authority, Haringey Council, has left us every month since July with a £77 shortfall in rent to pay (now a High Court case); and Facebook has restricted me since last August to my own wall and sharing my articles with private groups, the latter only because I have been added to these groups by Facebook friends. Not even a letter from Equalities Minister Lynne Featherstone last August has elicited a response from Facebook regarding the last time they barred my account.

Now a very strange thing is happening: since yesterday afternoon the photo and text of my new articles are not showing when I share them in Facebook:
Click to enlarge
Click to enlarge

This anomaly also applies to our "About" page and Declan's petition to the UN in support of embryonic stem cell research which has been signed by no less than 28 Nobel laureates, 13 US National Medal of Science winners and seven UK Royal Medal winners, as well as hundreds of other scholars from around the world. It is an uphill struggle but both Declan and I believe that we are encountering nothing that money cannot solve: living and fighting on half our squalid benefits, we are no more than an easy target. With two months to go to vacate this property (that MI5 whistleblower David Shayler aka Delores Kane once lived in), we are left with no choice now but to focus on the development of our N4CM Survival Appeal Pledge Scheme to raise $35,000. Even this is a serious challenge: to get one email through to somebody in America, Declan regularly has to make one or two phone calls, and this despite his application last month to the European Court of Human Rights concerning the interception of his communications and directed surveillance.

Perhaps I should also add that I am prevented from submitting articles to Reddit. I have only ever submitted seven links, but every time I try to submit a new link I am told: "You've submitted too many links recently. Please try again in an hour." Just like Facebook, Reddit does not reply to my emails. I actually have some snags because frankly it is difficult to believe: from 16 November, 17 November, 20 November and 30 November. My articles are so good, I can't even submit them for other people to vote! Here is an article that has been shared 1,951 times on Facebook and was given 166 votes by Reddit users after somebody submitted it. Undoubtedly our site has massive potential. If only we had half a shot ...