Wednesday, July 25, 2012

We are denied an NHS doctor

Just as well neither Declan nor I is in immediate need of a doctor, because if either of us were, I would be now trawling Google for the medical problem! After walking for over half an hour yesterday to the Beaumont Practice to register with a National Health Service (NHS) GP, I was told to go back home and ask our live-in landlady, human rights activist Belinda McKenzie, to give me permission in writing to use our rental address as my address for a GP at the practice. This morning the manager had her receptionist inform Declan that the permission letter was still insisted upon regardless of my privacy rights.

What a stitch up! Belinda has served us with notice to vacate our flat tomorrow, a fact Declan does not fail to mention in this e-letter to the Secretary of State for Health this afternoon:

Click to enlarge

Click here to read Declan's letter to the manager of the Beaumont Practice yesterday evening.

Now that I am on the subject of the bizarre, what about Belinda sending an email to herself a couple of weeks ago which magically appeared in our Inbox?
Click to enlarge