Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Yesterday we had 11 blocks on access to our Church and State website. Four of the blocks came as Declan was in the process of sending 32 emails, only half of which have been read

Our Church and State website has no less than 57 Nobel Laureates on it; for details, see this blog's sidebar under "Church and State" (updated today).


Emails sent: 32. Emails read: 16. Two emails bounced.


UK Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ)

Our local MP (Labour) hasn't responded to this complaint about the interception of our email.

Rt Hon Lyn Brown MP
Member of Parliament for West Ham

Address removed for email


21 April 2019

Dear Ms. Brown,

As my local MP, I am forwarding to you an email I have received this afternoon from a close colleague about his concern that my and my wife's emails are being blocked. I would be most grateful if you could please let me know if you can be of any assistance in correcting the outrageous manipulation of my and my wife's email in undermining our part-time jobs as employees of Network for Church Monitoring.

In April 2010, an American professor wrote to then Minister Lynne Featherstone: "I am truly appalled by the unlawful violation of the Heavey's basic right to send and receive email without interference." An (unsuccessful) application I subsequently made to the Investigatory Powers Tribunal in 2011 has had absolutely no effect, and if anything the situation has gotten substantially worse. For some details, please see my wife's updated blog post here.

I would be most grateful for anything you may be able to do by way of taking measures to correct this gross abuse.

Yours sincerely,

Declan Heavey
Managing Director
Network for Church Monitoring

22 April: Email interception: Immediately after this complaint to our local MP a test email to two close colleagues has been blocked. A 2010 parliamentary letter to now Prime Minister Theresa May revealed in this post (WITH UPDATE 14/5/2019)





From My Picks

30 April: Access to our Church and State website: A record-breaking 35 blocks in one day today. Declan has already started his Particulars of Claim against the Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's (WITH UPDATE 14/5/2016)

'Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out.' Edd Doerr, President, Americans for Religious Liberty

http://churchandstate.org.uk/about/