Friday, May 21, 2021

MediaFire: I am waiting as a paying customer for this image hosting site to get back to me a second time. They used to provide me with the link I need from them to embed an image in this Church and State blog

I am a paying customer of MediaFire. Since yesterday, they haven't provided me with the link I need to embed an image in this Church and State blog. I am using an alternative image hosting site. Yesterday I informed them that I changed my password, as they had suggested, but that the problem still persists. I am waiting for them to get back to me a second time. This was my initial message yesterday:

Dear MediaFire,

Can you please tell me how to get the Direct Link that you provided me with before to embed an image in my blog? Today I have had to use an alternative image hosting site to embed images in my blog.

This is a screenshot I have from before: https://www.mediafire.com/view/fofixi56w072mbm/mediafire2.jpg/file [this is the first image in the block below]

Today that Direct Link is nowhere to be seen: https://www.mediafire.com/view/dwuzq4zuglvcnrg/mediafire.jpg/file [this is the second image in the block below]

Sincerely,
Maria Heavey

MediaFire used to provide me with the Direct Link I need to embed an image in this blog. This is a screenshot I have from before:



Today that Direct Link is still nowhere to be seen:



On Mon, 20 May 2021 at 20:46, MediaFire wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for contacting MediaFire. We understand how important it is that you regain access to your account. Use our Password Reset Tool to create a new password. Here are instructions on how to use the Password Reset Tool:

1. Here is the URL to the Password Reset Tool: https://www.mediafire.com/lost_password.php

2. Once you access the Password Reset Tool, enter the email address registered to your MediaFire account*. Then click the Send Me A Password-Reset Email button. Please click the button just once.

3. Check your email for the email we sent you. If you do not see it in your inbox, please check your spam folder as well.

Read the instructions carefully, and click the link that leads you back to MediaFire.

4. Once you are back to MediaFire, create a new password. Then click the Update My Password button.

5. Now that the password is reset, you will be directed back to the MediaFire home page. From there, you may log into your account using your new password.

Here are a few tips on choosing a new password for your account. We suggest you increase your account security by selecting a unique password that you have not used on other websites and apps. Strong passwords contain more than eight characters and include lowercase and capital letters, special characters and numbers.

*If you do not have access to the email address registered to your account, please visit our Help Center at: https://mediafire.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037663514-Resetting-An-Account-Password

To translate this article please copy and paste this message into Google Translate. You can find Google Translate here: https://translate.google.com/

Kind regards,

Customer Support
MediaFire

8 March: Tonight I have had to rectify almost every image in four blogs by moving the images from MediaFire to an alternative host for images. It started with this blown-up GCHQ image throughout this blog. Will all these images and more be restored to their former size?

"Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out." Edd Doerr (1930-2020), (then) President, Americans for Religious Liberty