Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Declan replies to PayPal (Europe) about their copyrighted message this afternoon that gives him instructions as to how to break through the block that prevents him from verifying our chairman's details. But those instructions do not work for him. In our view this may constitute more mistreatment as we wait to hear back from the European regulator

Our Church and State website has no less than 63 Nobel Laureates on it, 20 of whom are listed as Honorary Associates; for details, see paragraph 2 under "Church and State" on this blog's sidebar. And this despite the never-ending assault on our email.


"In compliance with regulatory requirements, we need you to provide and verify your details. If we don't receive the information by 6 Aug 2021, you won't be able to send or transfer money. Confirm your identity."

23 June 2021

Dear PayPal (Europe),

Thank you for your message this afternoon. You have provided me with instructions to break through the block that prevents me from verifying my chairman's details. As per your instructions, I have tried the following:

1. Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
2. Hover over your name on the top right of the page and select "Account settings".
3. In the "Business information" section, click "Update".
4. At the bottom of the page, click "Add stakeholders Roles".
5. Add/Edit and Select the correct role for each individual.

I still cannot provide any information about my chairman (no. 5 above). I cannot get past "Add Information" on him (see the attached "Screenshot 1"). I have also tried "Add an Authorised Representative", but, when I click "Next", I am again forced to get past "Add Information" on him (see the attached "Screenshot 2").

On 18 June, PayPal Assistant wrote: "[Y]our account has been affected by a known issue or glitch on our system.... Right now, what we can assure you is that the account is perfectly fine, and there's no need for you to worry anymore" (see the attached PDF "PayPal Assistant").

I do not believe that it is reasonable that I should be expected to deal with this matter over the phone. On 18 June, before PayPal Assistant advised that my account has been affected by a known glitch on your system, I submitted my request for out-of-court complaint resolution with the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) in Luxembourg.

I am continuing with my complaint to the CSSF because I do not believe that I have been treated fairly.

Yours faithfully,

Declan Heavey
Managing Director
Network for Church Monitoring


18 June: Will the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier accept Declan's request for out-of-court complaint resolution? He is continuing with his complaint against PayPal (Europe) because we do not believe that he has been treated fairly

"Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out." Edd Doerr (1930-2020), (then) President, Americans for Religious Liberty