Sunday, January 28, 2018

Now in an unprecedented block from Facebook everything I post to groups from our Church and State website they are calling spam, with no end in sight

Powerful appeal, but of course likely ignored. So unfair. The pressure for equity from those such as FACEBOOK over their monopolistic control of disseminating public opinion from responsible entities such as Church and State moves such entities closer to legislative regulation.
- Donald A. Collins, President, International Services Assistance Fund, Washington DC

This afternoon in an unprecedented block from Facebook everything I post to groups from our Church and State website they are calling spam, with no end in sight. I have appealed as follows:

For the attention of Mark Zuckerberg, Chairman, Chief Executive and Co-Founder of Facebook

28 January 2018

Dear Facebook,

Today in an unprecedented block from Facebook everything I post to groups from our Church and State website you are calling spam, with no end in sight. Please see the screenshot attached. On 5 September 2017, I first reported the treating as spam my links to articles and book excerpts on our site. One of these excerpts was from a book by Paul Cliteur, a professor of Jurisprudence at Leiden University and one of the Netherlands' leading public intellectuals.

Seldom has Facebook made it clear why I am being blocked. Today's block records as the 30th time Facebook has blocked me from posting to groups since 1 December 2015. The only explanation given at the time of one of these blocks has been "spam" (received today); and Facebook has only responded to four of my previous 29 appeals, citing "technical problems" in each instance. Nonetheless, I have been blocked from posting to groups a total of 43 days (and counting) in the last three months alone.

A colleague has written that our site is "not at all offensive, especially compared to some atheist sites which, presumably, AREN'T being blocked". This is not to mention the fact that I have also been reporting technical problems with my Facebook Network for Church Monitoring page since 5 April 2017, such as being unable to view scheduled posts or being repeatedly unable to schedule posts.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in these matters.

Sincerely,

Lola Heavey
Webmaster
Network for Church Monitoring









From My Picks:

25 January: Complaint to NHS England CEO Simon Stevens: What's next with Declan's dental treatment for a now-erupted tooth? (WITH UPDATE 28/1/2018)

'Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out.' Edd Doerr, President, Americans for Religious Liberty