Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Has Facebook now also dismantled my ability to post anything in my Network for Church Monitoring page? Declan had just brought his complaint of unfair treatment against Newham Council to the attention of its CEO (WITH UPDATE - DAY 2 27/9/2018)



I'm back to technical problems with my Facebook Network for Church Monitoring page. Since this evening I have been unable to post anything in the page or schedule posts, and it remains to be seen whether or not my 3 scheduled posts for later tonight have also been blocked. (I can, in fact, only share articles to the page from other Facebook pages and walls and websites with a Facebook plugin.) And this is in addition to being blocked without explanation from posting in groups 20-27 September; see my blog post of 10 August, Fighting for survival in London: Facebook's concerted campaign against our Church and State website shows no signs of waning (WITH UPDATE 21/9/2018: re Block 46 DAY 2). A couple of hours before I discovered that I could not post anything in my Facebook page, Declan wrote the following to Newham Council CEO Katherine Kerswell:

Katherine Kerswell
Chief Executive
London Borough of Newham

Address removed for email


26 September 2018

Dear Ms Kerswell,

Please find below my formal Stage 1 complaint of unfair treatment dated 11 September 2018.[1]

I am still waiting for Newham Council Complaints to even acknowledge receipt of my complaint. This effectively denies me the Council's internal appeals processes, which further compounds my complaint and only leaves me with the Pre-Action Protocol for Judicial Review by way of recourse within the next month.

I can confirm that I am in receipt of a letter from the Mayor of London's Rough Sleepers Initiative (RSI) programme indicating that this is a "tenancy sustainment matter"; and, as such, poses a threat to life.

Please can the Council reply to me as soon as practicable?

Yours sincerely,

Declan Heavey
Managing Director
Network for Church Monitoring

[1] For this complaint against Newham Council, see my blog post of 11 September: Newham Council: Declan will never give up his fight to work again with children with learning disabilities in a sport setting despite the difficulties he is experiencing

Update 27 September (11.21am): To post a Church and State article to my Facebook Network for Church Monitoring page, I still have do so by sharing it from our Church and State website (DAY 2). This block was only lifted momentarily last night after I reported it to Facebook. However, on the flip slide, this morning we have a new name to add to our 13 authors and 184 Honorary Associates. No doubt today will be another all action day!



Is Edward Snowden a Hero or Criminal? This is a solid documentary called #Citizenfour that may influence your thinking either way:



JOIN THE CONVERSATION #CITIZENFOUR

From My Picks:

8 May 2018: Threat to life: Updated complaint to the United Nations under Article 19 (freedom of expression) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. Today we are cut off the internet for a half an hour


http://churchandstate.org.uk/honorary-associates/