Wednesday, July 24, 2019

I appeal the Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's TST. The St Mungo's Quality Team will decide by 5 August whether my complaint about the so-called reference sent to St Joseph's Hospice will progress to a stage 2 of their complaints process

"Such indecent behavior!"
-Don Collins Sr, President, ISAF, Washington DC

Our Church and State website has no less than 57 Nobel Laureates on it; for details, see this blog's sidebar under "Church and State" (updated today).

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan

St Mungo's Complaints

Please tell us about your feedback

I hereby make a Stage 1 complaint about my TST caseworker following a reference for a hospice for the dying that didn't reply to the question about my "honesty, reliability and temperament".

What action would you like us to take

Sofia Pires had repeatedly assured me that she was good for a reference of my character. Please can you provide me with an explanation for why she did not reply to this hospice's question about my honesty, reliability and temperament.

I have twice written to Ms Pires about this, but to no avail.

Maria [Lola] Heavey
6 July 2019

Declan and I are housed in a flat that is part of the Mayor of London's Rough Sleepers Initiative. Alongside our tenancy is access to the Mayor's Tenancy Sustainment Team (TST) at St Mungo's. It has been acknowledged by the Greater London Authority in court papers that both Declan and I can live independently – we do not have addictions or mental illness or behavioural issues. Our needs are solely related to the harassment, discrimination, intimidation and victimisation we routinely face. Last week I received St Mungo's TST's response to my complaint about a reference for voluntary work my caseworker sent to St Joseph's Hospice. I was told that my complaint was not upheld on the ground that this caseworker did not know me well enough to reply to the Hospice's question about my honesty, reliability and temperament. My application to the Hospice of course was not successful. This morning I received an email from the St Mungo's Quality Team. They say they will decide by 5 August whether my Appeal will progress to a stage 2 of their complaints process. If it does not, I will complain to the Housing Ombudsman that I did not get a fair response from them and that unreliable support is deemed "satisfactory" in my case, thereby placing our tenancy at risk (a threat to life).

19 July 2019

Dear Quality Team,

I wish to appeal the decision of St Mungo's TST not to uphold my complaint. Please find attached response letter detailing the outcome of the investigation.

I wish to complain on appeal that I was misled into thinking that my TST caseworker would provide St Joseph's Hospice with a reference for me. On 17 April 2019, this caseworker inputted into your Opal system the following piece of information about me:

She now has her DBS certificate and is going to apply for a volunteering role in St Joseph's Hospice next week. It has been agreed that she will put me down - Sofia Pires (TST Caseworker) - as her personal referee.

In fact, my caseworker should have informed me that she did not know me well enough to be my personal referee. I had no idea that she would be unable to comment on my honesty, reliability and temperament, when asked to do so by the Hospice.

I hereby request that you uphold my Appeal or inform me of my right to further appeal.

Yours sincerely,

Maria Heavey

In re Reference sent to St Joseph's Hospice by St Mungo's TST

Paragraph 36 of Declan's updated complaint to the United Nations under Article 19 (freedom of expression) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

36. The Applicant and his wife's tenancy agreement was renewed like-for-like for the second time last year, but only when court proceedings against St. Mungo's were imminent two months after the Applicant complained that the decision not to reissue another tenancy for two former rough sleepers with support needs amounted to a type of harassment and a death threat. Since then, the Applicant has been battling St. Mungo's from pillar to post to stabilise his and his wife's tenancy (see Annex 16, pp. 39-41). First it was problems with inaccurate case notes, which got more serious in August 2018 when the Applicant discovered that notes St. Mungo's assured District Judge Avent the year previous had been rectified by them were in fact being held under the Applicant's wife's name. Last year the Applicant also had to battle St. Mungo's for his own Tenancy Sustainment Team (TST) caseworker and to stave off enforced joint visits. This year the Applicant has already had to twice battle St. Mungo's to have removed outrageous notes that were inputted into their system on both occasions without his knowledge or consent. Last month, in June 2019, the Applicant's professional referee observed: "This obscene disregard for your rights seems to continue unresolved!" The following week, the Applicant's wife received from her TST caseworker a completed volunteer reference form that had been sent to St Joseph's Hospice. This caseworker left blank a question relating to the Applicant's wife's "honesty, reliability and temperament", and has not explained her reason for not completing this section of the form. The Applicant's wife's application was not successful. (Emphasis added.)

12 July 2019: Threat to life: Updated complaint to the United Nations under Article 19 (freedom of expression) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's highlighted

Last year St Mungo's made the international press for all the wrong reasons. They are accused of helping to get rough sleepers arrested and deported. When the story came through my Russia Today (RT) news feed, it left Declan gob smacked. He subsequently spoke with Diane Taylor, the journalist covering the story for the Guardian.





'Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out.' Edd Doerr, President, Americans for Religious Liberty

http://churchandstate.org.uk/about/