Monday, August 12, 2019

Facebook's 60th block. Declan's letter before action to St Mungo's CEO Howard Sinclair revealed in this post

From the My Pick link below re St Mungo's:

6/13/19

This obscene disregard for your rights seems to continue unresolved!

Donald A. Collins
Founder, International Services Assistance Fund


This is Facebook's 60th block (3 days) against Church and State since 1 December 2015, and as usual without an explanation. They have yet to remove their 59th block (103 days), which is an administrative block on my page listing all the groups I belong to.


The Central London County Court is located in the Royal Courts of Justice.

Declan and I are housed in a flat that is part of the Mayor of London's Rough Sleepers Initiative. Alongside our tenancy is access to the Mayor's Tenancy Sustainment Team (TST) at St Mungo's. It has been acknowledged by the Greater London Authority in court papers that we can live independently – we do not have addictions or mental illness or behavioural issues. Our needs are solely related to the harassment, discrimination, intimidation and victimisation we routinely face. For well over a year, we have been battling St Mungo's to stabilise our tenancy. Now the tenancy itself is under immediate threat. Declan will have pleadings ready for filing with the Central London County Court immediately following the end of the two-week period cited in his letter before action emailed to St Mungo's CEO Howard Sinclair this evening.

12 August 2019

Howard Sinclair
Chief Executive
St Mungo's
3 Thomas More Square
London
E1W 1YW


Dear Mr Sinclair

Letter before action: Failure to provide satisfactory support

I am writing under the Human Rights Act (HRA) concerning St Mungo's position in relation to my Tenancy Sustainment Team (TST) support.

For the entire week commencing 8 July 2019, my TST caseworker failed to uphold his end of our agreement for support. Since 6 August, I have been refused an explanation for the non-issue of a to-whom-it-may-concern letter ("the letter") that I can use as a reference for learning disability volunteering, and that I believe should be issued to put things right.

Indeed, it is the stated position of St Mungo's TST that no such letter, or explanation for its non-issue, will be provided by my TST caseworker before a meeting has taken place between me and him "to discuss your support moving forward", to quote from an email his manager sent me last week.

I do not believe that it is fair or reasonable for St Mungo's to expect me to arrange a meeting with any member of staff without the letter or an explanation for its non-issue, particularly in light of my recent four-month battle over case notes, including a false and misleading note stating that I want to explore "training" as well as LD volunteering. I have repeatedly explained that your Employment, Training and Education (ETE) service is completely inappropriate in my circumstances.

I do not wish to vary, change or alter any of the terms of my support under my tenancy agreement. I believe that not only is your position unfair and unreasonable, but it poses an immediate threat to my tenancy in breach of my human rights. It also comes on foot of a string of other violations of the HRA that have had a destabilising effect upon my tenancy month in, month out for well over a year now.

Please could you provide me with a clear written explanation for why the decision has been made not to immediately issue me with the letter. If there is information my TST caseworker requires to issue it, I am more than happy to provide him with this information in writing or over the phone.

If I do not hear from you or we are unable to come to a reasonable agreement by 26 August (allowing 14 days from your receipt of this letter), I will issue court proceedings in the county court without further notice. I will also be asking for an order to cover my costs. I will be relying on court rules for pre-action conduct that say you may have to pay more in costs if you ignore this letter.

Yours sincerely

Declan Heavey
Managing Director
Network for Church Monitoring

Claimant: Declan Heavey
Defendant: St Mungo's

Brief details of claim

The Claimant is a tenant of the Defendant's Clearing House. For the entire week commencing 8 July 2019, the Defendant failed to complete its end of an agreement for support that it had with the Claimant. Since 6 August, the Claimant has been refused an explanation for the non-issue of a reference for learning disability volunteering, and that he believes should be issued to put things right. It is the repeatedly stated position of the Defendant that no such reference, or an explanation for its non-issue, will be issued before a meeting has taken place between the Claimant and the Defendant "to discuss your support moving forward", to quote from an email from the Defendant. It is unfair and unreasonable for the Defendant to insist upon such a meeting without having issued a reference or an explanation for its non-issue, particularly in light of the Claimant's recent four-month battle over false and misleading case notes. The Defendant's position poses an immediate threat to the Claimant's tenancy (a threat to life). It also comes on foot of a string of other violations of the Human Rights Act 1998 that have had a destabilising effect upon the Claimant's tenancy month in, month out for well over a year. The Claimant is, therefore, making an application to the Court for a declaration that the Defendant has acted unreasonably and in breach of duty towards him. The Claimant seeks damages for distress and costs.

Value

The Claimant expects to recover not more than £1,000.

Last year St Mungo's made the international press for all the wrong reasons. They are accused of helping to get rough sleepers arrested and deported. When the story came through my Russia Today (RT) news feed, it left Declan gob smacked. He subsequently spoke with Diane Taylor, the journalist covering the story for the Guardian.


From My Picks

12 July: Threat to life: Updated complaint to the United Nations under Article 19 (freedom of expression) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's highlighted

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan


'Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out.' Edd Doerr, President, Americans for Religious Liberty

http://churchandstate.org.uk/about/