Friday, August 09, 2019

The Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's will not provide me with an explanation for the non-issue of a reference for me for voluntary work in end-of-life care. I will attend Cllr Laguda's surgery tomorrow for referral of my complaint to the Housing Ombudsman (WITH UPDATE 9/8/2019)

In response to my email below to Cllr Laguda:

Hoping this clear explanation of the harmful ideological charges will result in a favorable resolution of that specious St Mungo's position!
-Don Collins Sr, President, ISAF, Washington DC

specious
/ˈspiːʃəs/

adjective
superficially plausible, but actually wrong.
"a specious argument"
misleading in appearance, especially misleadingly attractive.
"the music trade gives Golden Oldies a specious appearance of novelty"
synonyms: plausible but wrong, seemingly correct, misleading, deceptive, false, fallacious, unsound, casuistic, sophistic
"a specious argument"

Our Church and State website has no less than 57 Nobel Laureates on it; for details, see this blog's sidebar under "Church and State" (updated today).

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan


Three weeks ago I received from the Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's TST (Tenancy Sustainment Team) a response to my complaint about a reference for voluntary work my TST caseworker sent to St Joseph's Hospice. I was told that my complaint was not upheld on the ground that this caseworker did not know me well enough to reply to the Hospice's question about my honesty, reliability and temperament. My application to the Hospice of course was not successful. The dismissive final decision letter I received last Monday in an email from St Mungo's Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager Elinor Childs is revealed in my post of 6 August, I have asked Chair of Newham Council Cllr Joy Laguda MBE to be my Designated Person to try and resolve my complaint with the Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's without recourse to the Housing Ombudsman or the courts. I do not believe I have gotten a fair response from St Mungo's, in that unreliable support has now effectively been deemed "satisfactory" in my case, thereby placing my and Declan's tenancy at risk (a threat to life). St Mungo's will not provide me with an explanation for the non-issue of a reference for me for voluntary work in end-of-life care, but since I wrote to Cllr Laguda last Monday, insist only on a fraught with danger meeting with me to discuss matters. I will attend Cllr Laguda's surgery tomorrow morning and explain to her that this is almost certainly a ruse on the part of St Mungo's to effectively vary the terms of our tenancy agreement. They in fact tried to do this the last time Declan met with his TST caseworker and we had to fight for four months to have false and misleading case notes removed from the St Mungo's record. I will ask Cllr Laguda for the referral of my complaint to the Housing Ombudsman. Unless otherwise averted, next week Declan will write to our local MP for the referral to the Housing Ombudsman of his even stronger case against St Mungo's for unreliable support deemed to be "satisfactory" by them. The Housing Ombudsman Service informed him last week that they could not treat both of our complaints as a joint complaint, which suits us. Declan's more than likely complaint next week to Lyn Brown MP will serve as a court exhibit to show, among other things, an unfair and biased St Mungo's complaints process.

For the attention of Howard Sinclair, CEO, St Mungo's

Councillor Joy Laguda MBE
Plaistow North Ward
London Borough of Newham

Address removed for email


5 August 2019

Dear Cllr Laguda,

I am writing to you because my complaint is still not resolved after the end of St Mungo's complaints procedure.

My husband, Declan (who you have met), and I are housed in a flat that is part of the Mayor of London's Rough Sleepers Initiative. Alongside our tenancy is access to the Mayor's Tenancy Sustainment Team (TST) at St Mungo's.

It has been acknowledged by the Greater London Authority in court papers that both Declan and I can live independently – we do not have addictions or mental illness or behavioural issues. Our needs are solely related to the harassment, discrimination, intimidation and victimisation we routinely face as outspoken joint survivors of church abuse, and currently as part-time employees of Network for Church Monitoring, a non-profit Declan founded in 2011.

Three weeks ago I received St Mungo's TST's response to my complaint about a reference for voluntary work my caseworker sent to St Joseph's Hospice. I was told that my complaint was not upheld on the ground that this caseworker did not know me well enough to reply to the Hospice's question about my honesty, reliability and temperament. My application to the Hospice of course was not successful.

This afternoon I received the dismissive letter attached in an email from St Mungo's Quality and Continuous Improvement Manager Elinor Childs. As my local councillor, I am wondering if you could be my Designated Person to try and resolve my complaint. I do not believe I have gotten a fair response from St Mungo's, in that unreliable support has now effectively been deemed "satisfactory" in my case, thereby placing our tenancy at risk (a threat to life).

I believe that things could be put right with a reference that has not been forthcoming. You therefore have my consent and authorisation to contact St Mungo's on the details provided below.

Dominic Williamson
Executive Director of Strategy and Policy
St Mungo's
3 Thomas More Square
Tower Hill
London
E1W 1YW
Office: 020 3856 6000
Direct: 020 3856 6175
Mobile: 07881 852 893
Email: dominic.williamson@mungos.org

Yours sincerely,

Maria Heavey
71 Queens Road West
Plaistow
E13 0PE

Mobile: 07880 437 681

Last year St Mungo's made the international press for all the wrong reasons. They are accused of helping to get rough sleepers arrested and deported. When the story came through my Russia Today (RT) news feed, it left Declan gob smacked. He subsequently spoke with Diane Taylor, the journalist covering the story for the Guardian.

Update 9 August (4.40pm): This morning Declan received the reply below from Cllr Laguda's office in response to my email above. He subsequently phoned the office to be told that Cllr Laguda is on leave until 18 August and that her next surgery will not be until 7 September. I would have to wait eight weeks to apply to the Housing Ombudsman myself. I will therefore write a letter to Cllr Laguda next week along the lines of Declan's letter to Lyn Brown MP, providing her with my written consent to make this referral. Only if necessary will I then attend her surgery on 7 September.

LGO: Local Government Ombudsman
HO: Housing Ombudsman

9 Aug 2019, 10:37

Dear Mr Heavey

Councillor Laguda is on leave at the moment, and I have passed this to the casework team who inform me that you will have to follow the advice on the letter and escalate to the LGO [sic] if you still remain unsatisfied.

I understand this may not be the response you were expecting and wish you well.

Kind regards

Margaret
Margaret Zincraft | Cabinet Support Officer | Mayor's Office
London Borough of Newham
Newham Dockside 1000 Dockside Road | London E16 2QU
DDI: 020 3373 0434 | Int: 30434
www.newham.gov.uk



'Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out.' Edd Doerr, President, Americans for Religious Liberty

http://churchandstate.org.uk/about/