Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Royal Bank of Scotland: Despite his earlier dealings with the RBS Executive Response Team, Declan has been waiting four weeks to learn from Natwest Bank who cancelled a standing order on the Network for Church Monitoring business account without his knowledge or consent (Financial Ombudsman Ref: PNX-3576860-D6B8)

25/2/20
Declan has asked for a simple action—put the pay owed to him in [his personal] account—but it is now in dispute at this Bank!
How could this be?
Don Sr
http://network-of-those-abused-by-church.blogspot.com/

Our Church and State website has no less than 59 Nobel Laureates on it despite the never-ending assault on our email; see paragraph 2 of this blog's sidebar under "Church and State" (updated today).

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Headquarters in Gogarburn. The RBS owns National Westminster Bank (NatWest).


On 25 February Declan called into NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway about the non-payment of his salary, only to discover that the standing order payable to him on the Network for Church Monitoring business account had been cancelled. And this notwithstanding that the Royal Bank of Scotland Executive Response team assured Declan in writing on 17 February that there were then two new standing orders on the account payable to him and me. They also paid him on that day £100 compensation in recognition of his time, travel costs and inconvenience. Prior to this latest visit to NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway, Declan's previous visit to this or any NatWest branch was on 13 February, so it could not possibly have been him who cancelled the standing order. The deputy manager at NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway complained to the NatWest Complaints team on Declan's behalf: "Customer's desired outcome for now is to find out who has cancelled the standing order and why it hasn't been paid. Customer is not willing to provide another signature on a new standing order until he knows who has cancelled it and why it has not been paid." For now, Declan's salary is being paid online by quick transfer from the business account to his personal account. He is still waiting to learn from NatWest who cancelled the standing order without his knowledge or consent (case reference: PHO-0265369320). This is information the Bank is still withholding from him notwithstanding the involvement of the Financial Ombudsman Service. This service settles individual disputes between consumers and businesses that provide financial services but they haven't got back to Declan since they emailed him a case reference number on 5 March.
Financial Ombudsman Ref: PNX-3576860-D6B8

This was Declan's complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service before he visited NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway on 25 February. The Service subsequently informed him that the cancellation of the standing order will be considered in addition to and part of this complaint, which Declan submitted only knowing about the then ongoing partial disclosure in printout form of the standing order payable to him and the non-payment of his salary the day previous.

Tell us about your complaint - what happened?

Despite a total of five visits between two NatWest Bank branches, and my telephone and email correspondence with my contact in the Royal Bank of Scotland Executive Response team (my emails cc'd to RBS Chief Executive Alison Rose), I have not received a printout of page 1 of the new standing order payable to me that was set up on the Network for Church Monitoring account on 12 February 2020. All I have from the RBS Executive Response team is an assurance that there are now two new standing orders on the account payable to me and my wife against the reference ending 0400. (On 11 February 2020, the manager of NatWest Chancey Lane Branch incorrectly set up the standing order payable to me with a reference number ending 040.) On 17 February 2020, £100 compensation was credited to the Network for Church Monitoring business account in recognition of my time, travel costs and inconvenience. I was also provided with the address of the Financial Ombudsman Service for the referral of my complaint. I can confirm that yesterday I did not receive the first payment of my salary in accordance with the page 2 details of the standing order payable to me that I was provided with on 12 February 2020, having been repeatedly refused a printout of page 1 of that standing order by the manager of NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway. I called into NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway twice the following day. On both occasions, I could not come away with this printout - on the second occasion having once again dealt with the manager himself.

How have you been affected - financially or otherwise?

I have been left out of pocket notwithstanding £100 compensation in recognition of my time, travel costs and inconvenience. This matter continues to take a toll on my time and money through no fault of my own.  

How would you like the business to put things right for you?

I would like NatWest Bank to provide me with a full printout of the standing order payable to me that mirrors what I have for the standing order payable to my wife, and that my salary is paid from the Network for Church Monitoring account into my personal account.

Submitted on 25 February 2020

On 11 March Declan received the princely sum of £9.50 from Royal Mail to refund the postage on our employment contracts to the United States. It is evident from the track and trace report that the mail item was lost by the United States Postal Service one step away from the delivery point. We have had problems with the delivery of this mail item for the past few years. In fact, this is the second time in three years that Royal Mail has compensated Declan for his postage of the item. Three years ago the item didn't even make it past our nearby collection office; see my post of 18 February, I have just discovered that a United States Postal Service image no longer appears in the relevant Royal Mail blog post last year! I have written to MediaFire about this (WITH UPDATE 11/3/2020).





From My Picks:

28 February: Declan's claim against the Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's has not been dismissed on the papers. We're waiting for a hearing date from the Central London County Court in the Royal Courts of Justice

County Court at Central London, Royal Courts of Justice.

What the issue in these court proceedings boils down to is whether the Court will decide that Declan and I should face the prospect of eviction back to the streets (a death threat) rather than St Mungo's take a phone call to confirm that we are clients of theirs, and that such a position is not harsh, unjust and unreasonable.

Our need for this support continues to escalate?

"Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out." Edd Doerr (1930-2020), (then) President, Americans for Religious Liberty

http://churchandstate.org.uk/honorary-associates/

Our list of 276 Honorary Associates includes 16 Nobel Prize laureates, 10 US National Medal of Science laureates and 12 knighted professors notwithstanding the excessive targeting of these three categories of emails in particular.