Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Facebook: Has Facebook now stopped me from scheduling posts? (WITH UPDATE - DAY 2 25/7/2018)

This is precisely the hard hitting kind of response needed to clarify the unfair way Facebook is treating your highly reputable site.
-Donald A. Collins, President of ISAF, an NGO dedicated to helping women





I'm back to technical problems with my Facebook Network for Church Monitoring page. Since last night I haven't been able to schedule posts. And this is in addition to being blocked without explanation from posting to groups 21-28 July.

25 July 2018

Dear Facebook,

Since last night I have been unable to schedule posts on my Network for Church Monitoring page.

Thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,
Lola Heavey
https://www.facebook.com/networkforchurchmonitoring/

This is the superb article by the world famous venture capitalist Bryan Johnson that I was sharing at the time of Facebook's block last Saturday:



http://churchandstate.org.uk/2018/07/a-plan-for-humanity/

21 July: I am blocked by Facebook for sharing another one of Bryan Johnson's articles. No explanation provided.

11 July: Is Facebook now blocking me from posting Bryan Johnson's articles to my own walls? (WITH UPDATE 12/7/2018)

10 July: I am blocked by Facebook for sharing one of Bryan Johnson's articles. No explanation provided.

Re: Facebook

Paragraph 40 of Declan's updated complaint to the United Nations under Article 19 (freedom of expression) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.

40. The Applicant's wife has encountered numerous problems with Facebook. In August 2011, then Home Office Minister Lynne Featherstone wrote to Facebook on the Applicant's behalf, asking that they explain why she had been barred (see Annex 19, p. 47). The bar was subsequently lifted; however, since December 2015, Facebook has blocked her from posting to groups 37 times, and for up to 12 days at a time (see Annex 22, p. 50). In December 2015, Shadow Home Office Minister Lyn Brown made an enquiry on the Applicant's behalf to Facebook UK Managing Director Steve Hatch asking if he could offer an explanation as to the terms and conditions the Applicant's wife was alleged to have broken twice previously (see Annex 20, p. 48). To the best of the Applicant's knowledge, Mr. Hatch did not respond to this letter. The Applicant's wife only ever posts to groups that are specific to an article's subject and that she is well familiar with, and she only ever posts articles that she has already published on the Church and State website. This concerted campaign against the Church and State website escalated in November 2017 after the site topped more than 3 million hits over the previous eleven months [emphasis added]. In March 2018, the Applicant's wife was blocked from posting to groups four times (for 29 out of 31 days), and all without explanation. The following is taken from her complaint to Facebook dated 28 January 2018 (see Annex 21, p. 49):

"Seldom has Facebook made it clear why I am being blocked. Today's block records as the 30th time Facebook has blocked me from posting to groups since 1 December 2015. The only explanation given at the time of one of these blocks has been "spam" (received today); and Facebook has only responded to four of my previous 29 appeals, citing "technical problems" in each instance. Nonetheless, I have been blocked from posting to groups a total of 43 days (and counting) in the last three months alone."

UPDATE 25 July (11.39am): This morning I was able to schedule a meme, but I can't schedule Church and State articles (day 2). Yesterday I also raised a query with NatWest Bank about the fact that yesterday morning I had to order a debit card to replace the one I've got, which expires at the end of the month. This morning I clarified with the Bank that I have been using my current card to withdraw money from my account all year. I last used the card for an over-the-counter withdrawal of £250 on 7 July 2018. NatWest is owned by The Royal Bank of Scotland, which is one of the UK's largest banks. I remain somewhat perplexed as to why a replacement debit card was not ordered automatically on my account, as in previous years. Declan has also never experienced this problem with any of his bank cards, ever.



From My Picks:

8 May 2018: Threat to life: Updated complaint to the United Nations under Article 19 (freedom of expression) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. Today we are cut off the internet for a half an hour




http://churchandstate.org.uk/honorary-associates/