Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Facebook's first quadruple block (day 22). Declan may have to ask an ombudsman to look at his complaint against NatWest afresh. It seems that the bank are still saying, in effect, that there was no active standing order payable to himself on 17 February despite RBS's email to the contrary

Our Church and State website has no less than 59 Nobel Laureates on it despite the never-ending assault on our email; see paragraph 2 under "Church and State" on this blog's sidebar (updated today).

Financial Ombudsman Service complaint

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Headquarters in Gogarburn. The RBS owns National Westminster Bank (NatWest).


Declan currently has NatWest Bank (owned by The Royal Bank of Scotland) before the Financial Ombudsman Service for the cancellation of a replacement standing order on the Network for Church Monitoring business account without his knowledge or consent. And this after he received an email from RBS on 17 February confirming that this standing order was active, as well as £100 compensation in recognition of his "time, travel costs and inconvenience" in setting up this and another replacement standing order on 12 February. He has been waiting since 25 February for NatWest Complaints to confirm who cancelled the standing order between this email on 17 February and the non-payment of his salary on 24 February. His salary continues to be paid online by quick transfer from the business account to his personal account pending this explanation.

On 3 August an investigator at the Financial Ombudsman Service came back to Declan much the same way as before and since. "I have now gone back to NatWest and asked them for further clarification about who cancelled the standing order." she wrote. "I can't seem to understand why the standing order was set up for both of you on the 11 Feb 2020 and then the standing order in your name cancelled on the 12th Feb 2020." So RBS still got it wrong on 17 February when they assured Declan that there were two active replacement standing orders on the Network for Church Monitoring account payable to himself and me? See the full email from RBS here. Perhaps Declan will have to ask for an ombudsman to make a decision on his complaint. The case will then be referred to an ombudsman who will look at the matter afresh. He replied to the investigator on 3 August as follows:

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 at 19:04, Declan Heavey wrote:
Dear Ms Darbar,

Thank you for your email. Please find below an email from RBS Executive Case Manager Mandy Durkin dated 17 February. She writes:

"All previous lapsed and incorrect standing orders have been cancelled. There are now two remaining active standing orders that have been set up as you requested, one payable to yourself and one payable to Mrs Heavey, for the amount of £140 fortnightly. The instructions are set up with an initial payment date of 24 February 2020 and a final payment date of 8 February 2021, against the reference *****400."

Two things are indisputable in light of this email from the RBS. (1) Two replacement standing orders were set up at NatWest Stratford Broadway branch in February 2020 (this was in fact done on 12 February). (2) The replacement standing order to myself had been successfully actioned before it was cancelled by NatWest sometime between 17-24 February. The replacement standing order to myself that was set up on 12 February could not have been cancelled before 17 February, since Ms Durkin's email is dated 17 February. It also could not have been cancelled after the non-payment of my salary on 24 February.

It seems that NatWest have repeatedly attempted to mislead you into thinking that there was no active standing order to myself on 17 February. This is plainly false. Two replacement standing orders were evidently both still active on 17 February (the date of Ms Durkin's email).

I am still waiting to learn from NatWest who cancelled without my knowledge or consent the replacement standing order to myself that was active on 17 February (NatWest case ref. PHO-0265369320). My salary continues to be paid online every two weeks by quick transfer from the business account to my personal account pending this explanation. It was only last Thursday that a cashier at NatWest Stratford Broadway branch manually changed my name to D * Henry without my knowledge before I transferred £1,850 to St Mungo's Broadway. I am also waiting for NatWest to acknowledge receipt of my in-branch complaint in this regard (please see attachment).

I trust the above together with Ms Durkin's email answers your questions.

Yours sincerely,

Declan Heavey




Facebook's quadruple block updated:

Facebook's first quadruple block: (1) I can't scroll after seeing 4-5 posts in groups I belong to (22 days); (2) I can't post in these groups (38 days); (3) I can't post in our Page (39 days); (4) I can't access a list of my groups (481 days). On 18 July, I was threatened with the termination of my account without reason or cause.