Friday, August 28, 2020

Declan replies to Andrew McCarthy, Head of Quality and Information Security at St Mungo's about the defamatory information being held him (WITH UPDATE 31/08/20)

27 August 2020

Dear Mr McCarthy,

I refer to your letter and respectfully request that you deal only in writing with me about this complaint.

This allegation against me has caused and is causing distress and I do not wish to compound the situation with another phone call. I might add that the seriousness of the allegation is not just that it is a fabricated lie that undermines both my and my wife's supported housing tenancy and me personally. It also raises the serious question of what I am going to be falsely accused of next. This is deeply concerning.

The fabricated lie is now presented as what I could have said (it's your word against ours). This is wholly unacceptable. My complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office is another matter entirely. I would be willing to deal with you about my ICO complaint, but only after I have received assurance from you that "the record" to which you refer has been deleted. I have been informed by the ICO that it could take an investigator three months to get back to me. This would give us some time to "put things right", as you say.

Please note that I will not deal with any aspect of my complaint with the ICO so long as this defamatory statement remains on the record.

Yours sincerely,

Declan Heavey

31 August: Declan is currently battling the Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's for the removal of defamatory information from their database. His complaint has been assigned to Andrew McCarthy, Head of Quality and Information Security at St Mungo's