Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Declan is still waiting for NatWest Bank to acknowledge the error made in the latest misspelling of his surname. This case is now with the Financial Ombudsman Service for resolution

Our Church and State website has no less than 59 Nobel Laureates on it despite the never-ending assault on our email; see paragraph 2 under "Church and State" on this blog's sidebar (updated today).

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Headquarters in Gogarburn. The RBS owns National Westminster Bank (NatWest).


On Wed, 7 Oct 2020 at 14:11, Declan Heavey wrote:
Dear NatWest Complaints Team,

I wish to complain that this morning my wife was unable to transfer money to my account because the payee name wouldn't verify with the account details.

Please can you acknowledge the bank's error in this regard, which was subsequently resolved by a member of your team.

Yours faithfully,

Declan Heavey



Declan's complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service:

Tell us about your complaint - what happened?

On 7 October 2020, I complained to NatWest that that morning my wife was unable to transfer money online from her account to my account because the payee name wouldn't verify with the account details. I respectfully asked NatWest to acknowledge the bank's error in the misspelling of my surname, which was subsequently resolved by their Complaints team over the telephone. NatWest have responded: "As the complaint has already been investigated within the bank and then by FOS, we would not look to investigate it again. However, if you remain unhappy with the outcome to your FOS case I can suggest you contact the FOS investigator who our records show as Emma Smith on 0207 964 0108." Previously, on 30 July 2020, my surname had been misspelt by a cashier "Mr D * Henry" instead of "Mr D * Heavey" in the electronic transfer of a substantial amount of money to a third party (St Mungo's). This time my wife was unable to transfer money to my account on 7 October 2020 because of the payee name "Declan * Haeavey" instead of "Declan * Heavey". These are two completely different and unrelated complaints. I was not and am not asking NatWest or FOS to investigate a complaint again, but to look at a new complaint involving the misspelling of my surname in a completely different way, in an entirely different setting, and three weeks after FOS closed their case on 16 September 2020. I do not seek to have that case re-opened.

How have you been affected - financially or otherwise?

I was not aware that NatWest had allocated to the latest (and different) misspelling of my surname the same complaint reference PHO-0286035420. I understand that because of this, they have made a final decision not to acknowledge the bank's error in this latest misspelling of my surname and have instead referred me to FOS. This has and continues to cause me distress and inconvenience. There can be no resolution of my latest complaint against NatWest without this acknowledgement because of the increased concern generated by the absence of it.
 
How would you like the business to put things right for you?

I would like NatWest to acknowledge the bank's error that prevented my wife from transferring money to my account on 7 October 2020 because the payee name wouldn't verify with the account details. I would again make clear that this problem was subsequently resolved by their Complaints team over the telephone, but I have received no written acknowledgement of the error that could have and would put things right for me. I have made clear to NatWest that I do not believe this should have been or should be treated as the complaint that has already been investigated within the bank and then FOS. As previously stated, this is a new complaint involving the misspelling of my surname in a completely different way, in an entirely different setting, and three weeks after FOS closed their case on 16 September 2020.

Submitted on 28 October 2020


Metropolitan Police Crime Reference No. 5330050/20. On 16 October, our flat door was vandalised by two thugs with a crowbar. Declan and I were in the flat at the time and fortunately our double locked door held firm. It's my opinion that they just wanted to break the door lock but didn't have enough time. The communal door lock downstairs wasn't broken. We're told that on 10 November the communal door lock will be changed and our flat door repaired.


17 October: Part 1: Housing Ombudsman Service. Two days ago Declan complained to Lyn Brown MP about this statutory service. Yesterday our flat door was vandalised. And ISAF's letter to Facebook's COO last month has gotten no results



Newer post: Facebook continues to ensure that Church and State gets little or no traffic from our Page. The Financial Ombudsman Service will update Declan every three months on the progress of the complaint he submitted last February following the non-payment of his salary by standing order (regularly updated)

"Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out." Edd Doerr (1930-2020), (then) President, Americans for Religious Liberty