Monday, February 24, 2020

The Royal Bank of Scotland responded to Declan's letter to RBS Chief Executive Alison Rose two weeks ago. But he is still waiting for a full printout of one of two Standing Orders on the Network for Church Monitoring business account

14/2/20
Your postings lately have been so brilliant!
Don
http://churchandstate.org.uk/2020/02/is-it-too-soon-to-consider-genome-sequencing-for-newborns/

Our Church and State website has no less than 59 Nobel Laureates on it despite the never-ending assault on our email; see paragraph 2 of this blog's sidebar under "Church and State" (updated today).

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Headquarters in Gogarburn. The RBS owns National Westminster Bank (NatWest).


RBS Case Ref: PHO-0264121920 Network for Church Monitoring

On 17 February Declan received an acknowledgement of his emails to RBS Chief Executive Alison Rose from the RBS Executive Response Team; and, in an apparent final decision (given that he was provided with the address of the Financial Ombudsman Service for the referral of his complaint), they credited £100 compensation to the Network for Church Monitoring business account in recognition of his time, travel costs and inconvenience. Declan, however, has yet to be provided with a full printout of the first of the two new standing orders he signed for on the account on 11 February. The penultimate paragraph of his email of 18 February to his contact on the team reads: "I remain hopeful that it will not be necessary for me to refer this case to the Financial Ombudsman Service. However, it is my intention to do so if I haven't heard back from you within the next 14 days with either a printout of page 1 of the standing order payable to me or a reasonable and satisfactory explanation as to why I cannot be provided with a printout of the standing order payable to me that mirrors what I have for a standing order payable to my wife." He copied Alison Rose into that email but hasn't heard anything back from the bank yet.

UPDATE 12 February (2.47pm): Declan called back into NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway this morning. The bottom line is that he came away without a printout of page 1 of the first standing order he signed for yesterday at NatWest Chancery Lane Branch. All he still has to hand is a page 1 with an incomplete reference number derived from an erroneous standing order from yesterday that was cancelled this morning. This, of course, is wholly unsatisfactory. I will update this post again when there is a significant development in Declan's pursuit of proper SO documentation for Newham Council - with time running out due to an increase in our salaries from the 24th of this month. I'm actually still in disbelief!

11 February: Declan writes directly to RBS Chief Executive Alison Rose about new Network for Church Monitoring Standing Orders. How will it go in NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway tomorrow? (WITH UPDATE 12/2/2020)

_________________________________

Declan's wrote to Alison Rose on 11 February by email and recorded post as follows:

Dear Ms Rose,

Re: Network for Church Monitoring Ltd

I write further to my e-letter below to NatWest Branch Manager Tom McKeon of NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway. I copied you into that e-letter in the hope that the problems I encountered at the branch could be resolved tomorrow. I am afraid that these problems have subsequently only been exacerbated.

This evening I called into NatWest Chancery Lane Branch. The manager there first set up a New Standing Order on Network for Church Monitoring with an incomplete reference number (herein referred to as the "first erroneous standing order"). I explained that I did not want to provide Newham Council with an Amend Standing Order. The manager understood this and consequently provided me with a "Cancel SO" note for Mr McKeon tomorrow because she was unable to cancel the standing order on the day (please see document 1 attached). She then created two New Standing Orders, which I signed for willingly and without undue influence.

However, despite my very best efforts to come away from the bank with proof of what I actually signed for, all I have to hand is, inter alia, a page 1 New Standing Order document with an incomplete reference number that was derived from the first erroneous standing order (please see document 2 attached), and a related page 2 Standing Order Details document with the full and correct account number that was derived from the first of the two New Standing Orders I signed for without amends (please see document 3 attached). I was repeatedly and forcibly told by one member of staff that if I wanted a copy of the page 1 details I actually signed for, I would have to accept an Amend Standing Order on the first erroneous standing order the manager set up! [emphasis added]

The manager showed no willingness to change the bank's steadfast position on this.

Tomorrow it is my intention to return to NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway in the hope that I can in some way come away with what I signed for this evening without amends, and that three erroneous standing orders (two from this morning) are cancelled. I would be most grateful for anything you may be able to do by way of taking measures that would be of assistance to me in this regard.

Yours sincerely,

Declan Heavey
Managing Director
Network for Church Monitoring

We're also tracking our employment contracts in the United States. Declan mailed the item on 31 January and it has been ready for delivery by the United States Postal Service since 10 February (no signature required), according to Royal Mail Track and Trace this morning. Royal Mail: "Our delivery aim to European countries like Germany, France and Spain, is a speedy 3-5 working days and just 5-7 working days for the rest of the world - even to countries on the other side of the globe, like Australia, China or New Zealand."



The Royal Mail can't look into this matter of delayed mail until 6 March at the earliest.



From My Picks:

14 February: Declan phoned the Central London County Court in the Royal Courts of Justice this afternoon. The Judge still has the court papers. Declan's latest letter pulled no punches

Declan has commenced court proceedings against the Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's in the County Court at Central London in the Royal Courts of Justice.

What the issue in these court proceedings boils down to is whether the Court will decide that Declan and I should face the prospect of eviction back to the streets (a death threat) rather than St Mungo's take a call to confirm that we are clients of theirs, and that such a position is not harsh, unjust and unreasonable.

Our need for this support continues to escalate?

"Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out." Edd Doerr (1930-2020), (then) President, Americans for Religious Liberty

http://churchandstate.org.uk/about/