Tuesday, February 25, 2020

NatWest Bank paid my salary yesterday, but has yet to pay Declan's salary notwithstanding the Royal Bank of Scotland's payment of £100 compensation into the Network for Church Monitoring account last week

24/2/20
So annoying what you both face daily!
Don
Donald A. Collins
Founder, International Services Assistance Fund

Our Church and State website has no less than 59 Nobel Laureates on it despite the never-ending assault on our email; see paragraph 2 of this blog's sidebar under "Church and State" (updated today).

The Royal Bank of Scotland Group Headquarters in Gogarburn. The RBS owns National Westminster Bank (NatWest).


Declan's complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service:

Tell us about your complaint - what happened?

Despite a total of five visits between two NatWest Bank branches, and my telephone and email correspondence with my contact in the Royal Bank of Scotland Executive Response Team (my emails cc'd to RBS Chief Executive Alison Rose), I have not received a printout of page 1 of the new standing order payable to me that was set up on the Network for Church Monitoring account on 12 February 2020. All I have from the RBS Executive Response Team is an assurance that there are now two new standing orders on the account payable to me and my wife against the reference ending 0400. (On 11 February 2020, the manager of NatWest Chancey Lane Branch incorrectly set up the standing order payable to me with a reference number ending 040.) On 17 February 2020, £100 compensation was credited to the Network for Church Monitoring business account in recognition of my time, travel costs and inconvenience. I was also provided with the address of the Financial Ombudsman Service for the referral of my complaint. I can confirm that yesterday I did not receive the first payment of my salary in accordance with the page 2 details of the standing order payable to me that I was provided with on 12 February 2020, having been repeatedly refused a printout of page 1 of that standing order by the manager of NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway. I called into NatWest Stratford Branch Broadway twice the following day. On both occasions, I could not come away with this printout - on the second occasion having once again dealt with the manager himself.

How have you been affected - financially or otherwise?

I have been left out of pocket notwithstanding £100 compensation in recognition of my time, travel costs and inconvenience. This matter continues to take a toll on my time and money through no fault of my own.  

How would you like the business to put things right for you?

I would like NatWest Bank to provide me with a full printout of the standing order payable to me that mirrors what I have for the standing order payable to my wife, and that my salary is paid from the Network for Church Monitoring account into my personal account.

Submitted on 25 February 2020

Declan received this court order yesterday:



Declan has commenced court proceedings against the Mayor of London-commissioned St Mungo's in the County Court at Central London in the Royal Courts of Justice.


14 February: Declan phoned the Central London County Court in the Royal Courts of Justice this afternoon. The Judge still has the court papers. Declan's latest letter pulled no punches



"Let me recommend an important web site churchandstate.org.uk. Operating out of London this well-designed and exciting web site covers church-state, population, climate change and other issues. Check it out." Edd Doerr (1930-2020), (then) President, Americans for Religious Liberty

http://churchandstate.org.uk/about/